Since the situation in Afghanistan has deteriorated many residents had been in touch seeking support for family and friends who are stuck and in danger in the country.
Please find below the contact details for the various government support schemes now in operation:
British nationals in Afghanistan should contact the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office on +44 (0)1908 516666 and select the option “Consular services for British nationals”.
If your family/friends are Afghan (or non-British) nationals in Afghanistan and you believe they are in serious danger, please call +44 (0)2475 389980.
You will need to provide:
Date of birth
Passport or ID number
The Government has advised that people who fall into one of the following categories are being prioritised for immediate support:
- current or former Chevening Scholars;
- people with existing leave or an open application for student, work and family visas;
- journalists and those who worked for British news agencies;
- civil society groups for womens’ rights;
- Afghan government officials;
- officials working in counter-terrorism and counter-narcotics; and
- employees of charities, humanitarian organisations and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy (ARAP)
This is an evacuation and resettlement scheme for current or former employees of the UK Government.
If you believe your family/friends might be eligible for this scheme, please call the Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy on +44 (0)792907303, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the online relocations form at